Friday, March 30, 2012

Small Spaces

A month or two ago, I realized that I needed to start acknowledging Mason's capabilities more. Of course, I already do this a lot by letting him choose what he would like to play with, how much he wants to eat, etc., but I realized that I hadn't been really "testing" those capabilities. So one morning when I went into his room, I picked him up out of his crib, held me hand out, and said "Can you give Mama your soother?" He didn't do anything, so I said "Give Mama your soother" and gently pulled it from his mouth. Within a couple days, when I asked him the question, he would spit it out of his mouth into my hand, and sometimes pull it out himself, causing a loud "pop!" I was very happy to see he understood and was catching on! The last couple mornings, I have noticed that he has grown even more: I go into his room to get him from his crib, and as soon as I open the door, he pulls the soother from his mouth, standing up in his crib, and holds it out for me to take. It's like he's like "Here it is! Now it's time for me to have a bottle and then go play!" I know we all know that our children develop, but sometimes we don't really notice the process. When we do, it makes us (or at least me!) feel proud :)

Lately Mason has been getting into everything. But I mean that literally. A couple of days ago, he got into Jake's kennel, and the laundry hamper, all within 5 minutes.


The day before that, he managed to climb into and sit up in a little tiny box that my mom and sister had sent his birthday presents out in.

We had a family birthday party for Mason and his cousin last Sunday, and Mason got a big wagon, so of course, he was crawling in and out of that box. We still haven't thrown it away, because he just loves playing in it! It's funny too because Jake will often go in behind him, and Mason gets so excited when he sees Jake "chasing" him!

We have a tunnel/tent set that is downstairs, and if Mason is crawling through and sees Jake coming in his direction, he just squeals and books it to the other end of the tunnel, before looking to see if Jake is still "coming to get him!" lol! He's so funny! Here's another one, it's from a week ago when Derrick and I put up the cabinets in the laundry room. All of the boxes were thrown just outside of the room, so of course when I brought Mason down a little while later...(sorry about Jake's rear end!)

Anyways, Mason just LOVES going inside of things. I'm sure he's going to be a fort-lover once he gets old enough to ask me to build them!

No comments:

Post a Comment