Friday, March 2, 2012

My Friday

Today I tried another recipe. I knew that I would be spending the whole day not at my house as they were finishing laying the flooring (pictures soon, I promise!), so I decided to try a different kind of recipe: lotion! The original recipe can be found here. Basically, it goes like this:

2 Parts Baby Lotion
1 Part Vaseline
1 Part Vitamin E Cream (I didn't have any of this, but I did have straight Vit E, so I squirted some of this in and added a little bit of another body cream)

Put everything in a bowl and beat with a hand mixer until it resembles icing. Scoop into a sealed container.

I decided to make this lotion because my heels have become really dry the last couple of weeks, and I read somewhere that this is great for feet. I just put some on tonight, so we'll see how it goes!

I also made another recipe this afternoon, but this time it was a food one: Cookie Dough Brownies. I made it a little differently than the one on her site, but it was still similar. I used a brownie mix, and then with the cookie dough, I added some vanilla and no chocolate chips (we were all out). I thought this would be a rich, yummy dessert, and usually I can eat a large portion when it comes to food like this, but with this one, I could hardly finish it. Derrick said it would be better frozen and mixed with ice cream, so I took what was left (almost the whole pan), chopped it up, threw it in a ziploc, and tossed it in the freezer. Should be good!

On another note, Mason has been pretty grumpy lately. He's been sick for almost two weeks, but seemed to be getting better (his runny nose is slowing down), but I think he may be teething...He had his second tooth pop up when he was first starting to get sick, so I'm wondering which one will come up next. He got his first tooth at the end of January. I'm kind of glad he didn't start teething until he was almost 10 months old, but I've heard that that means that now his teeth will come in a lot faster, which won't be fun! Mason has had on an amber teething necklace since he was a couple months old, but it didn't seem to be working very well for this last tooth, so I ended up buying him a hazelwood one--so now he wears two! It seemed to help, but he is getting grumpy again. Luckily, he still sleeps fine at night, but the last two days he has only been taking 30 minute naps (where he usually takes 1 1/2 to 2 hour one!)...oh the joys of teething!

No comments:

Post a Comment