Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lots has gone on the last week! My mom and sister came to visit--they were here for almost a week, and we had a great visit! We went to pretty much every place around here--Pincher, Waterton, Cardston, and Lethbridge. We also went for a walk one day down to Spring Glen Park, about a 10 minute drive from here. I've never been down there when there was no one else there before! It was great :) Then on their last night here (Friday) we went up to Derrick's parent's house for supper--we brought steak and baked potatoes, and also had corn on the cob and fruit salad. It was soooo yummy! It was great to spend the week together, and I know Mason loved all of the love and affection they gave him!

My two boys!


Trying to get a family picture...Jim was holding Jake (our dog) up above Brenda's head to get Mason to smile...well it worked for us!

My mom and me :)
Laura and Mason :)

Sunday we went down to Martin City (just before Hungry Horse, before Kalispell) to meet with our cabinetmakers. We brought them a stain sample that we want and some knobs and handles for when they need to drill holes. We had bought all of our knobs and handles for the last guy. Thank goodness we hadn't given them to him yet! We got to see what they have accomplished so far but totally forgot to take pictures! So far they have all of the doors done for the kitchen and linen closets, and the boxes/frames done for the lower cabinets in the kitchen. Thursday I called and gave them the OK to go ahead and make our island and vanities, so I'd say they're at least 30% done. They even said that they will be ready to start staining what they have finished by the end of this week! But maybe now that they have the go-ahead for the island and vanities, they will hold off on the staining until the end. Either way, I'm super excited! It was really great to be able to see the cabinets and I'm starting to get anxious!
Here's a drawing of the bathroom cabinets we are getting

Well Mason is waking up from a nice looooooooooong nap so I had better go!

No comments:

Post a Comment